Red Hat is a stable Linux distribution with robustness for the enterprise market as a key goal. Red Hat is widely used for HPC and other high reliability computing environments. Red Hat has numerous spinoff distributions, which have removed the Red Hat branding as per the license. Red Hat requires a licensing fee in general, but is free to use for certain classes of users. Due to its slow-to-update nature, Red Hat is much less popular on laptops than Ubuntu.
Here are posts we’ve written concerning Red Hat Linux.
- 2021-04-02 – Red Hat firewalld port add
- 2021-04-01 – Use modern compilers in CentOS
- 2021-01-27 – Red Hat Linux Python install
- 2020-01-26 – Ninja build on Red Hat
- 2018-04-22 – Select HPC compilers with modules