TeXLive is a well maintained and often updated LaTeX distribution – akin to the idea of a Linux distribution, but TeXLive works for any OS.
- Download TeXLive net Installer for your OS and run. We use the
- Try to build a document e.g. like
xelatex foo.texand note the error messages.
- find and install needed packages via
- find package by filename:
tlmgr search --global --file fullpage.sty
- find fonts/packages by name:
tlmgr info ieee
- install package:
tlmgr install lmodern
- install a LaTeX IDE (GUI editor) like TeXstudio