- distributing per-platform optimized libraries
- prioritized channels resolve version conflicts–thereby avoiding Python package dependency hell
Channel priority: Conda
channel priority order
is ordered by which channel appears first (highest) in
You can just type in channel names or comment/delete them.
conda install command will then redirect affected packages to the new priority order.
Per-environment channels: by definition, conda channels are the same across conda environments. To install packages from a third-party conda channel without bothering your other environments:
- temporarily add the channel(s) to
- install the packages in the environment
- comment/delete the third-party channels