At the meeting, it was mentioned that
- Juno Waves instrument uses python from day one
- other researchers also using Fortran from Python
- PyAstro is a useful conference
- Major packages like Numpy typically lack funding. Numpy got its first funding in 2017!
- see paper: The AstroPy Problem on funding geoscience software development
- should make open source software part of CEDAR Decadal Survey
- Autoplot: one line command to plot many science formats including: CDF, HDF5, NetCDF and many more.